March 26, 2015
How to Budget – 5 Easy Steps
Due to the ever increasing lifestyles that we lead, it is sometimes important to become a little frugal, and follow budgets. Following a budget can help in purchasing some dream object, which has been on our priority list. Well, we give below budgeting 5 easy steps, which can make you a frugal spender. It is very important to have a control on how much we spend, as compared to how much we earn. Some percentage of the total income should be saved so that you get closer to your dream:
Budgeting – 5 Easy Steps
- Evaluate the income: What is the income that you are earning? Create an excel file with all the sources of income, and enter the interest rates, rental income, and any other income.
- Calculate the expenses: Well, this is a difficult part. While we can track our income sources, expenses come in many forms. So, jot down all the fixed expenses that you incur every month. These would include car loan payments, rent, insurance policies, school fees, and other things. After that, include the variable expenses, like gas, food, entertainment, etc. Also, include other expenses, like car maintenance, gifts, taxes, and other things. Once you have the hang of your total expense, deduct it from the total income. This will give an alert to you about whether you are on an overspending spree, or a thrifty spender. It will also give you an idea about where you can cut down the expenses.
- Avoid wasteful expenditure: When you get a hang of your expenses, you can cut down wherever you can. It would be good to analyse and categorize the expenses into necessities and luxuries. Of course, you cannot avoid the necessities, but can definitely cut down on the luxuries.
- Have a good savings in your account: The job scene is quite unpredictable these days. So, one should save enough money to tide through the difficult times. If you have a good amount of money in your savings account, you would be able to get through the difficult period, even when you are switching jobs.
- Stick to your budget: This is easier said than done. But, when one looks at the big picture and the future rewards, this becomes an easier task.
Following these budgeting 5 easy steps will ensure that you lead a comfortable life, and are prepared to face all future calamities, as well.